Thursday, November 09, 2006

After Orion was born...






he was having a hard time breathing on his own. He was diagnosed with Respitory Distress Syndrome (RDS) which was due to a lack of a specific hormone that helps the lungs to develop. I have attached a link about RDS in case anyone is curious.
http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.asp?c=dvLUK9O0E&b=35693

Just three hours after he arrived, Orion was life-flighted over to Ogden Regional Hospital. Dustin followed the helicopter in our car. It was really hard for me to stay in the hospital in Brigham City without my baby that night. I was discharged the next day, And Dustin And I moved to a hotel in Ogden. Ori ended up spending a week in the NICU. Dustin and I lived next to his bed the entire week. It was so hard to see him like that, but after seeing the other babies in the NICU, it helped put things into perspective for us. We also had a lot of family that came to visit and that was very supportive, we were very thankful to have been so well taken care of and thought of.

No comments: