Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The scare for this week...

So on Tuesday last week I was in the kitchen making cookies for my visiting teaching ladies and Dustin had just left for work, Orion was playing around as usual and all was well... all of the sudden he started to cry so hurried to see what the matter was and found him with a wood stain can opened and all over him and the floor. This was a little tiny 8 oz can of black ebony stain, he had found it and opened it (if anyone has used stain recently you know how hard those cans are to open) I normally have to use a screwdriver to open it. Anyway, it was all over the lower half of his body, luckily I caught him just as he was pouring it... but he cried because of the black color that was all over new mickey pjs. It was nuts, this stuff is oil base and spreads like wildfire, so I ran him up to the bath (where it just got all over our tub and repelled the water) and started to scrub him down... I was worried about what it would do to his skin so I called poison control and they said it was fine as long as I could get it off his skin for the most part. I finally thought to use dish soap and that did the trick but he was pretty upset that the black wouldn't come off while I was cleaning him off - he kept trying to scratch it off. It was so sad. After he was taken care of I went to start cleaning up the kitchen floor, luckily we haven't replaced this flooring just yet so it is still a little black but it doesn't matter too much.
Here he is sitting recouping on the couch after his bath, watching the Doodlebops and resting.

Here are his little cute black feet across our kitchen floor lol... I should have had him step on a piece of paper or something lol.
here is a fuzzy pic again of his feet to the upper rt hand side is where I had a pool of black stain I cleaned it up before I took this. Ha crazy crazy

2 comments:

Core Wife said...

oh the fun is just beginning....now is the time to HIDE everything! knives, matches, scissors, bottles without child safe caps...tinsel, chewing gum, rubber tree plants, ok maybe just potting soil in general. nail polish, nail polish remover, plastic bags...ok I may be pushing it but those a just a few of the items my girls seem to find even if they were stored over the stove. HUGS!

Ben and Lisa said...

Hello! We just found out about your blog and we're very excited to have a better way to keep in touch. Sounds like Orion keeps you VERY busy! He's as cute as ever, though. We hope to see you guys soon!