Friday, February 01, 2008

What I dream about....

So when we moved in we were NOT planning on doing anything to our basement since it was finished not too long ago by a previous owner - BUT... there was a leak that continued to get worse and to make a long story short now we are redoing the bathroom in our basement i.e. Steves bath :) So for the last 3 weeks I have been dreaming about this shower... it took me a week to finally finish demoing (ten minutes here ... ten minutes there you Moms know what I am talking about) so finally that part was done and here are some before pics. There was a prefab corner shower in earlier and that is what you see the remains of here.
We decided to make this a "rain" shower so I had the plumber come in last week and reroute the pluming on the bottom and then the shower head, which now comes out of the ceiling as you can see below. Then this week I rebuild the bottom of the shower bigger to fit the entire area of that nook, tomorrow I am finally going to mix and pour the mortar and then we can start putting everything back together! YAY - then I can start to relax it has been pretty stressful - but I am learning a ton! I will post more pics as I get further.



Some of what I demoed out of that bath - sheesh! I think I filled up like 5 boxes worth of stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I was closer and could help! You're doing an AWESOME job! Keep me posted on the progress...