Monday, June 23, 2008

A Tearful (Sort of) Goodbye


Well, the time has finally come. We appear to have sold the montero. The guy is coming from Fillmore to pick it up tomorrow. He has given it a test drive, he has a loan, and he's ready to go. It's very bittersweet for me. Since I was a kid, I had wanted a big, black, powerful SUV in which I could take on the elements. I would take my friends snowboarding, go camping, or even pull some wave runners. I was way stoked when I bought it. This was the first car that I bought all by myself, with no help from my parents or anyone else. It worked well during my days at PCTV, and I have loved owning it. But as my life has changed, so have our needs as a family. I went snowboarding one time last year. I haven't been camping or wakeboarding in longer. I no longer work up the canyon, and gas prices....well, you know. And if I am being objective, I must say that the montero sport only gets about 17 mpg, and we've had to dump a TON of money into it to keep it running this year (183,000 miles!) So Brandi has finally convinced me to adapt, for our finances sake. I'll miss you, montero, except when I have to fill up. And when we have to fix you every week. And when....

2 comments:

Justin Caldwell said...

I'll pour one for my homie...

Heather said...

That story really brought a tear to my eye! Dont worry Dust, You'll see him again one day. He was "Bought in the Covenant".