Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A Brandi Update

Hey everyone, Dustin Here. I know I never post on this thing, but Brandi wanted me to update this and let everyone know how we were doing. Brandi is still really sick. She's dropped a good 15 pounds, and she's starting to look pretty thin. I told her we should figure out a way to bottle this and sell it. We could make a fortune. She has had a couple of good days where she can keep a little soup down, but they are few and far between. We've been up to Brigham City for an IV a few times, so she doesn't get too dehydrated. She's talked on the big white telephone so much that her esophagus is bleeding. yikes. We're going on a month now, so we hope the end is near. Ori had been going up to my Mom's house (Granny Janny's) a couple times a week, and he's having a great time. Thanks to all those who have been helping out. I've also been able to spend a lot more quality time with Ori the past month, it's been a lot of fun. I have a hard time keeping up with him. He's at the age where he wants to see and touch everything, especially if it's dangerous. And at his age, almost everything is. He always is coming and grabbing me by the hand, and leading me to the door to go out and play--even if it's 10 PM and freezing out. Today, much to my chagrin, he figured out how to circumvent the gate at the stairs, so now he just wants to play on the stairs all day. Such is life with the little man.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better Brandi!

Core Wife said...

We still have you in our prayers daily! Thanks for the update!

Tami said...

Congratulations! That's exciting news about your upcoming baby...not so exciting about Brandi. We hope she feels better soon. That's gotta be really rough. Keep us posted. Little Ori could not be cuter!

Ben and Lisa said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy, but that's too bad the sickness is back this time around. Seriously, if you guys ever need anything (like a babysitter), let us know. We would be glad to help in anyway we can.

Dave M. Davis said...

It takes a special women to through something like that. We will keep you in our prayers.