Monday, August 11, 2008

Baby Aurora - 31 weeks!

Ok so here is our last ultra sound from about 3 weeks ago! This is baby Aurora - again. She is getting a lot bigger and everything looks great. I know these are a little hard to see and I scanned them a little crooked, but in the pic below her head is on the right and she is facing the front. You can see both her eyes and her nose and mouth. Its funny and I know this sounds crazy but she looks like Orion to me already - I think its the bone structure they have the same shape head and cheeks. Only time will tell. I am getting more and more excited with everyday that passes. My fears are starting to subside and the thought of having a new precious gift is coming more into view.
This is one of the 3d images they take now - with Orion we were never able to get a really good one because his hands were always right in front of his face - she is kinda the same way. This is the best one I think they are a little weird to look at and kinda scary looking sometimes lol but its fun to imagine what they may look like. Again she seems to have the same cheeks as Ori.

Its so crazy because I have done this before, the whole have a baby thing lol, but this feels like the first time again. I am nervous and excited and its so fun to see/feel her moving and though I am not the most comfortable and easy to be with person right now I feel like a new Mommy again. As for Orion - he is getting so big and saying more words. He still doesn't talk a ton... well of English that is... he has his own language and I am learning it lol. I always say he speaks Klingon and is bilingual :) We watched our neighbors new born for a little while about a week ago, her name is Baby Jill (at least thats what we call her) and Orion truly surprised me. The whole time she was here he sat on the couch next to me and looked at her eyes, nose, hair, mouth, fingers, toes he was amazed by her and really wanted to hold her. So I let him hold her for a second and then she got a little fussy so I started walking around with her, he followed me everywhere and kept saying "Mom" and motioning for me to give her to him. He just knew he could fix it and wanted her back. Lol what a little Mr. Mom, I was relieved to see he wasn't jealous at all, he just wanted to take over and take care of her. He cried when they took her back home. Lol what a fun memory for me, I have been so worried and that helped so much. I know he wont be like that the whole time with Aurora but it still helped me calm down a bit.

2 comments:

Kiora said...

I love the name Aurora. That is beautiful. We can't wait to see her. Good luck!

Core Wife said...

What an awesome pic. Wow!
She is going to be as gorgeous as her mom!